Thursday, October 17, 2013

DIY Harry Potter wands -- a better way



In the past few weeks planning for W's Harry Potter party, I've read dozens of blogs about DIY Harry Potter wands. I decided to use dowel rods (of varying diameters) and hot glue. I got the best glue gun of all time for this project, featured in HGTV magazine last month. In a word, awesome. The clouds parted and the angels sang. I've been using a cheap mini glue gun for years. This is bliss. 





I used a marble at each end of the wand, to lessen the chance of eyes being poked out. 


After they were dry, I painted them with M's acrylic poster paint, in varying shades for a natural look. 


They all looked different, which will be fun for the kids. 



For the girls' wands, I used gems for one tip and painted them purple. 


I will finish all the wands with a coat of Mod Podge glossy. Tomorrow. Right now I'm exhausted.  





No comments:

Post a Comment